If you have sore muscles that need massaging quickly, this DIY massage gun will do just the trick. You would typically find percussion massagers in the form of a handheld unit in exercise and fitness shops. This device delivers pulses directed toward more focused pressure that penetrates deeper into the muscle mass that needs relief. This is a type of deep-tissue massaging that can perhaps work knots and into tension from the muscles whilst improving the flow of blood and rapidly bolstering range in motion. Usually, when used correctly, percussion massager devices can lessen recovery time, simultaneously relieving numerous pain, tension to soreness ailments that come normally from intense workouts such as martial arts.
Making use of a high-torque type motor, working as much as 3,200 percussions each minute, a device such as a massage gun genuinely feels that the muscle tissue goes through a medical eye or treatment, to being addressed by a specialist masseuse. The particular intensity usually is also adjustable using speed levels that you can change in terms of speed and pressure. These devices can cover from the waist, thighs, calves, buttocks to back for muscle plasticity, and relaxation. These massage guns usually come with rechargeable batteries at just 6 hour’s worth in charging which last week into one week of good massages. Sounds tempting? But what is even better is that what if you could have this made right at home, allowing you to cut a few hundred dollars in spending? This article will teach you just how to make a DIY massage gun under $50. Keep reading to learn more easy steps.
Build Your Own DIY Massage Gun Under $50
Massage guns have acquired popularity, especially among professional athletes. Daily, athletes, stars, and also professional gamers love using their massage guns to soothe their muscle aches from a daily physical activity from their arms down to their feet.
Yet, price points involving these massage guns look to be outside the hoped-for value. In other words, pricey for most that would just like a simple massaging gun. However, by being ingenious, making use of a great power tool-hack, you can now acquire some very simple knowledge for building your very own massage gun which takes on the likes of power guns such as TimTam, TheraGun, and Hypervolt, Moreover, you can save more than 50% of the actual price, not to mention, a quarter-hour of work. Obtain your very own percussion massager to get that muscle relief you’re going to need. Developing a DIY massager gun below $50 is just within easy reach. Let’s start.
- Lacrosse Ball
- Saw (specifically the Worx Reciprocating kind)
- Reciprocating Adapter for Saw (specifically Reciprotool)
- Power Extension Sets Bit
- Power drill (for drilling hole inside the lacrosse ball)
- Super Glue (preferably Gorilla brand)
- 3/16 of drill bit
- Drill a hole into your lacrosse ball making use of your 3/16 drill. Next, drill in the exact middle part of the ball as well. The opening is going to become more or less halfway into the ball.
- Now, attach the very small power extension piece (1/4″) to your power drill. Place a couple of drops in superglue toward the hole. Note that this particular glue may help hold in the big one right in place as soon as it’s drilled in.
- Put this now inserted part into your newly drilled opening into the lacrosse ball. Next, drill this particular piece inside of the ball. This is so your lacrosse ball + drill will touch together with this part now installed.
- Remove the ball out from the drill. There ought to be more or less an inch of the bigger left that is sticking out from the ball.
- Almost there, insert the Reciprotool saw adapter to your Worx saw. This adapter should be inserted into where the blade will typically go. It must click at last. Finally, insert your ball into the adapter. And now you have it. So enjoy the new massage gun!
The main benefit of having your very own massage gun that is DIY is the fact that this has a more powerful voltage battery as compared to products such as TheraGun. Also, this particular DIY massage gun made from home comes with variable speed controls due to the Worx saw. Awesome, right? This is something a number of the number one massage gun brands do not feature!
Tips for Effective Massage Gun Usage
Your physical therapist to the chiropractor might use their massage gun device in line with proper treatment, however, it is also just feasible to employ the usage of the device yourself. Here, learn 4 tips once heading for this DIY massage via gun at home.
1. Start slowly. Massage guns may be compelling, so just be mindful, and particularly when you are already sore. Most athletes begin with the lowest setting then increase thereafter.
2. Avoid bone contact. If you massage dun down at the bone, you probably will not cause any harm, nonetheless, it is not likely to be comfy for you either. Start on the bigger muscle groups such as your quads, glutes, calves, traps, and lats until such time you acquire the hang of directing the gun more naturally. Professional tip: make use of your free hand for assistance when it comes to identifying bony sections for bone pressing prevention.
3. Ensure that it indeed is moving. Make sure you are not pressing too much or residing in just one direct place, and for lengthened periods at that. You can very quickly employ much more harm than a good and simple massage for relief. Maintain your massage gun going steady and carefully for the best benefits.
4. A lot more certainly is not better. Although 90-min. massage sessions from human hands is an amazing experience, you do not need 90 mins of gun services. That is far too long. Be sure to give attention to every single part of your body for several minutes at a time before moving forward to another. It is just this time to make full advantage of your therapy without producing any form of pain to trauma in any particular area of your body.
DIY massage fun for just under $50, now that’s one heck of a hack, huh?