Are you shopping for a foam roller? It can be tough to pick the right unit since there are so many options on the market since the global value of fitness equipment is over $11 billion (2018). There are various brands and models available, including trigger point grid foam roller. Triggerpoint has been on the market for almost a decade since 2002. This has provided it with more industry experience versus other companies, including many generic/off brands. When picking equipment for stretching, exercise, and recovery, it’s critical to go with an established company to get the best results when doing self-massages.
Triggerpoint Grid is available in several variants. Each of them offers various features. They include quality materials, color options, and instruction videos. All of these features offer value to the product and make it one you should consider. The Grid has also received a high average review of 4.5/5 stars, which shows Amazon customers have had mostly positive experiences when using the unit. This increases the chance you’ll have a similar experience. You can even pick among various colors and other benefits that can help to relax tight muscles.
What Is a Foam Roller All About?
A foam roller is a performance/recovery tool that can help to provide you with a deep-tissue self-massage. It’s an alternative to other options like spa massages. While they can be effective they can also have a high price tag, which is something you’ll likely want to experience.
If you’re dealing with issues like muscle knots/tension you’ll want to deal with it safely and effectively. Home treatments can be just as effective as options like spa massages. However, it’s all about knowing which foam rollers are the best options.
Foam rolling dates back to 1987 when it was first used to treat muscle conditions. 30+ years later it’s become mainstream and isn’t just used by athletes to deal with injuries, for example. It is an effective way to deal with conditions like painful knots.
Such conditions can be very tough to deal with. Foam rollers can provide several benefits like less muscle tension, better blood circulation, and lower stress levels. It’s like getting a deep-tissue massage without the trip to the day spa and high cost.
Fun Fact: The average cost for a 1-hour massage is up to $130, which works out to over $500/month if you get one every week. The good news is you can find several high-quality foam rollers on the market in the $50 to $100 price range. This can help you save a ton of money.
There are several benefits these foam rollers can provide. Many of them are the same ones you can get from other sources like sports massages. It’s still important to know the functions, pros, and cons of the rollers. This can help you get the best results when using the unit.
There are several stretches and exercises you can do using foam rollers. They can provide benefits like:
- Stiff muscles from sitting
- Good posture
- Workout recovery
- Muscle soreness
- Better sleep
- Injury prevention
- Back pain
- Range of motion
Triggerpoint Grid Foam Roller: Key Features
You can also pick among different colors including:
This makes it easier to find a unit with your favorite color. You’ll get more options than other brands that only include one or two colors, for example. That’s a situation you’ll want to avoid.
The original TriggerPoint Grid has received an average of 4.5/5 stars from 7,500+ reviews. This shows that most people have had a positive experience using the foam roller. It also increases the chance that you’ll also have a positive experience. Some people had negative experiences although the figure was relatively low.
Triggerpoint offers a 1-year warranty. This is a plus since it provides more value for the foam roller. The unit is designed to hold up well but it’s a plus when you also have a 1-year warranty to protect your investment.
Triggerpoint has been the market for nearly a decade. This provides it with lots of industry experience that you can’t get from other companies. This provides better value for customers shopping for foam rollers.
You get access to free web-based instructional videos with GRID. This is a plus since you can see how to use the foam roller properly including stretches, exercises, and so on. There are various benefits since videos are clearer than photos or text for learning how to do the exercise. Another big benefit is they’re 100% free.
This is another key benefit of the unit. You get high-quality materials that will hold up and keep their shape after multiple uses. This is less likely when picking other units on the market. Those units are more likely to wear down faster, which means you’ll have to replace it sooner.
Tips for Using Triggerpoint Foam Roller
- DO FULL-BODY WARM-UPS. This can provide several benefits. For example, it can warm up your muscles so you’ll get the best results from stretches/exercises. Just like when doing gym workouts it’s important to do warm-ups to warm up your muscles and get the best results. This can include benefits related to factors like lean muscle mass.
- USE A TIMER. This is important because some exercises require you to hold a position without continuous movement like other exercises. So it’s important to keep track of increments like 15, 30, and 60 seconds. This will provide the best results since it will make your stretches/exercises more efficient/effective.
- DON’T REST AFTER WARM-UPS. The point of the warm-up is to warm-up your muscles, which can help provide the best results when doing foam roller exercises. Make sure to avoid taking a break faster warm-ups. The problem is this allows your body to cool down, which can negatively affect the results from your exercises.
- CREATE AN ALL-PURPOSE PLAN. This will help to cover all your bases. They can include different trouble areas like calves, hips, glutes, back, chest, etc. These are some of the most common areas that are treated using foam rollers. It’s important to develop an all-purpose plan to deal with all the trouble areas at one time. This can make your stretches/exercises more efficient with trigger point grid foam roller.